Sign up for our NEWSLETTER!
PLEASE HELP RECYCLE!
Other Edibles at the Orchard
- ► 2015 (26)
- ► 2014 (64)
- ► 2013 (124)
- Apple-Palooza Pie Contest
- 2012 Apple Palooza – Final Schedule
- 6th Annual Hand Crafted Hoedown for the Holidays 2...
- Apple Pie Ideas
- Apple-Azing Race: "I Scream, You Scream: A Mystery...
- Apple-Azing Race: “Dewey” by Vicki Myron Challenge...
- Apple-Azing Race: Arnie the Doughnut by Laurie Kel...
- Sauce-Sational – An Experiment in Applesauce Summa...
- What’s Cooking?
- Jalapeño-Ginger Butternut Squash Soup
- Apple-azing Race: “Cider House Rules” by John Irvi...
- Alice in Dairyland
- Apple Pie In a Jar – more than for just pies
- Saucesational – An Experiment in Applesauce: Shizu...
- Saucesational – An Experiment in Applesauce: Idar...
- Apple-Azing Race: "Wizard of Oz" by L. Frank Baum ...
- Apple-Azing Race: "Grapes of Wrath" by John Steinb...
- Saucesational – An Experiment in Applesauce: Empi...
- Tipsy Applesauce
- Apple Jam
- Brandied Apples
- Saucesational – An Experiment in Applesauce: Spart...
- Saucesational – An Experiment in Applesauce: Cortl...
- Apple-Azing Race: “The Complete idiots guide to wo...
- Saucesational – An Experiment in Applesauce: Sweet...
- Saucesational – An Experiment in Applesauce: Snow ...
- Photo Scavenger Hunt at Lapacek’s Orchard
- Taffy Apple Cake
- Apple-Azing Race: "Animal Farm" by George Orwell C...
- Recipe- Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- RAWards – VOTE Now please – non apple related
- Apple Pie Baking Contest – Prizes, Judges and Crit...
- Apple-Palooza 2012
- ▼ October (34)
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (95)
- ► 2009 (167)
Informative Blog Posts
Sauce-Sational: An Experiment in Applesacue
- Arlet (Swiss Gourmet)
- Baker's Mix - August
- Baker's Mix - October
- Chenango Strawberry
- Crimson Crisp
- Dandee Red
- Ginger Gold
- Golden Delicious
- Golden Supreme
- Granny Smith
- Honey Gold
- NW Greening
- Overall Summary
- Snow Sweet
- Sweet 16
- Tolman Sweet
- William's Pride
- Wolf River
the big fat red juicy Apple Cook Book. I rediscovered this cookbook the other night (and one other) and found some really ‘interesting’...
Remember those baby chicks you visited during Apple Blossom Days this year in May? Well, they’re grown up now and are starting to lay ...
Every year we try to do new things in our orchard. The big thing we did this year won’t be seen when you visit the orchard as we planted ju...
Photography policies are changing starting in 2017. Please look to the blog and website for updated information! I have many requests fro...
We’ve had amazing weather this entire 2015 apple season … except for Apple Palooza. Of course! There was a wet mist happening most of the ...
Today I’m sharing with you my results from saucing the Golden Supreme apples. We are out of these apples for this year but they are defin...
Our Blog List
Lapacek's Orchard In the News!
Our Favorite Websites
- Amish Apple Grunt
- Apple Butter Madness
- Apple Cheddar Bread
- Apple Chicken Salad/Sandwiches
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Apple Crisp Parfait
- Apple Danish Pastry Bars
- Apple French Toast
- Apple Fritter Rings
- Apple Harvest Blondies
- Apple Nut Bread
- Apple Pecan Quick Bread
- Apple Pie Cake
- Apple Pie in a Jar
- Apple Raisin Loaves
- Apple Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Apple Strudel Puff Pastry
- Apple Toss
- Apple Upside-Down Cake
- Apple-Jalepeno Preserves
- Apple-Pecan Cheesecake
- Baked Oatmeal
- Bavarian Apple Torte
- Blueberry French Toast
- Blueberry-Raspberry Streusel Muffins
- Brandied Apple 'N Cream Cheese Pie
- Caramel Apple Bars
- Coconut Apple Cake
- Cranberry Apple Bread
- Cranberry Apple Salad
- Creamy Apple Squares
- Crispy Festive Apple Salad
- Cucumber Tomatillo Salsa
- Dill Dip
- Dinner in a Pumpkin
- Easy Waffles
- Egg-cellent Apple Salad
- French Apple Pie
- Fresh Apple Salsa
- Great Apple Dessert
- Great Apple Dessert
- Hot Cinnamon Cider
- Hot Pirate Cider
- Kelly's Favorite Apple Pie
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash
- Marinated Zucchini Salad
- Microwave Apple Muffins
- Pumpkin Cheese Ball
- Pumpkin Gingerbread
- Pumpkin Pie Cake
- Quick Apple Dumplings
- Scalloped Apples
- Sour Cream Apple Coffee Cake
- Spiced Apple Bagel
- Spicy Apple Pancake with Cider Sauce
- Strawberry Chocolate Mint Lemonade Cooler
- Tangy Ham in Cider
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Warm Apple Pudding
- Wilted Swiss Chard with Fresh Basil
- Zucchini Bread
Where Can you Find Us?
Apple-Azing Race: “The Complete idiots guide to working out with a partner” by Aimee Labrecque Challenge
We are now going to move on from the ‘Animal Farm’ Challenge to “The Complete Idiots Guide to Working Out with a Partner” Challenge.
All photo’s on this blog post were taken by Michelle Cross Photography. Michelle did a fantastic job shooting each event so I’ll be able ‘illustrate’ each challenge for you! If you want to order any photo’s from the race follow these instructions:
- go to www.michellecrossphotography.blogspot.com
- Click ‘clients’
- Click ‘Apple-Azing Race Gallery’
Each challenge was named after a book to follow along with the fact that we were raising money for the Poynette Area Public Library. I’m going to blog about each challenge – the clue to find the challenge, the challenge itself and exactly what each team had to do at each challenge.
When teams finished up at Creek Bed Country Farmacy they were given their next clue:
“The Complete idiots guide to working out with a partner” by Aimee Labrecque Challenge Clue
Tires, blueberry bushes and monkey bars – find your way to your next obstacle of a challenge.
Decide on 2 team members that will participate in this challenge.
This clue was given to them with a little apple key chain attached which hopefully made the teams realize the needed to come back to the apple orchard – specifically the playground area at the orchard.
Once they arrived back to the orchard, they headed to the tractor tire playground where they received their challenge:
“The Complete idiots guide to working out with a partner” by Aimee Labrecque Challenge
***Penalties will be given out for mistakes made, obstacles missed, or incomplete tasks per the discretion of the challenge judge.
Two members of your team will complete the obstacle course. We will average the two times to give you your overall time for the event.
1st – Make your way through EVERY upright tire in the tractor tire playground
2nd – Go heel to toe the entire length of the balance beam – both directions
3rd – Step in the middle of each tire along the path.
4th – Time to monkey around – do the monkey bars without your feet touching the ground.
5th – Climb up the climbing wall on the jungle gym and down the yellow bars on the other side. (60 second penalty if you don’t do it)
6th – run back to where you started the race balancing the wooden egg on a spoon.
Blow your whistle to indicate you are finished with your leg of the Obstacle Course. Partner repeats the tasks listed above. Your times will be averaged.
I’m going to share with you the top 10 teams through this challenge – times were determined with penalties included and then averaged between the two team members that participated.
First: 2 Bad Apples
Second: Can U Dig It?
Third: Beauties and the Beasts
Fourth: The Apples
Fifth: Apple-Azing Pie and Ice Cream Team
Sixth: The Girls Next Door
Seventh: Poodle Puppies
Eighth: Sassy Pants
Ninth: 2 Chicks & A Compass
Tenth: Galloping Gimps
This was a ‘Subway Challenge’ so Team '2 Bad Apples’ needs to come in and claim their free 6” sub courtesy of our local Subway!