HOURS

See our NEW Website for more info!

PLEASE HELP RECYCLE!

Drop off your plastic bags and canning jars at the orchard and we'll re-use them!

We're always looking for wagons for people to use when they go to our pumpkin patch - feel free to drop off your old or un-used wagons at the orchard!

We're also happy to take any picnic tables you're getting rid of - even if it's just the 'bones' of the table.

Thanks!

Apple Varieties Available

  • closed for the 2019 season

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Top 10 Fall Farms!

Persimon Dreams

Order your very Own Lapacek's Orchard T-Shirt

Gymboree Sale On Now!
Janie and Jack Sale on Now

Where Can you Find Us?

Please check out our NEW website and blog to stay informed on Lapacek's Orchard.

N1959 Kroncke Road
Poynette, WI 53955

Take Hwy 51 North from Madison, go straight onto Hwy 22, turn east (right) onto Hwy 60 almost immediately. Drive 2 miles and go North (left) onto Kroncke Road. We're just over a mile on the left-hand side.

Want to talk to someone?
(608) 635-4780

Be sure to subscribe to our new You Tube Channel - "Cider After Dark"!

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sauce-Sational: An Experiment in Applesauce: Tolman Sweet

I’m going slightly out of order for my next apple in the Sauce-sational Applesauce Experiment.  I wanted to go to the Tolman Sweet since we’re running low and if my analysis seems like something you want to try – don’t wait too long.
003 The Tolman Sweet is a heirloom, antique variety that is very sweet, tender and rich.  This is probably the absolutely sweetest apple we have to offer at the orchard.  I haven’t heard of many other orchards that carry this particular variety so don’t hesitate to stop by for a sample.
After my gala experience I was sort of afraid to see what would happen with these SUPER sweet apples.
But, I peeled, cored and sliced them up in my apple machine and put them in the crock pot for the test.007It was definitely not the ‘prettiest’ apple sauce.  The apples did not really cook down too much either but it wasn’t a ‘hard’ chunky sauce either.  And then there is the flavor – and I just want to remind you here that I enjoy ‘sweet’ apples’ – WOW!  This was amazing!  I just LOVED the flavor!  The sweet did not get lost during the cooking at all.  It was missing the ‘depth’ that you get from the mix but it was such a good, rich sweet flavor that I’m going to forgive the sauce for that.  I put this one in a special container so that ‘mommy’ gets to enjoy it. 

Past apple tests:

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...