HOURS

See our NEW Website for more info!

PLEASE HELP RECYCLE!

Drop off your plastic bags and canning jars at the orchard and we'll re-use them!

We're always looking for wagons for people to use when they go to our pumpkin patch - feel free to drop off your old or un-used wagons at the orchard!

We're also happy to take any picnic tables you're getting rid of - even if it's just the 'bones' of the table.

Thanks!

Apple Varieties Available

  • closed for the 2019 season

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Top 10 Fall Farms!

Persimon Dreams

Order your very Own Lapacek's Orchard T-Shirt

Gymboree Sale On Now!
Janie and Jack Sale on Now

Where Can you Find Us?

Please check out our NEW website and blog to stay informed on Lapacek's Orchard.

N1959 Kroncke Road
Poynette, WI 53955

Take Hwy 51 North from Madison, go straight onto Hwy 22, turn east (right) onto Hwy 60 almost immediately. Drive 2 miles and go North (left) onto Kroncke Road. We're just over a mile on the left-hand side.

Want to talk to someone?
(608) 635-4780

Be sure to subscribe to our new You Tube Channel - "Cider After Dark"!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

How I (Kim) Became a Lapacek

After my sophomore year of college I was lucky enough to be hired at the civil engineering firm, Mayo Corporation, as an intern. My job as intern required for me to be at work early in the morning, usually by 6 or 6:30. Most people you know would be crabby and need a cup of coffee before you could talk to them—not me. I am a morning person. Every morning I was extremely (and I must emphasize, extremely) bubbly and talkative. From a distance I had seen Jared laughing and talking with the other guys at the firm, but whenever I would come in the room he would quiet up and usually leave. At first, I just thought I was too hyper and happy in the mornings for him to handle, but later I found out that he was just shy around girls. Things all changed for Jared and I one night after work when everyone went to the ‘Come Back In’ for a “Safety Meeting” and a few beers after work. A group of people decided to play darts, but everyone had to have a partner. By the luck of the draw, Jared and I became partners. A few beers took away Jared’s shyness and we realized that we really clicked. After that, we laughed and joked at work all the time and soon started dating.
That fall, I came to pick apples at the orchard and help Jared out. He had just bought the place (formerly Hazard’s Orchard) earlier that year and was realizing just how much there was to do. I proved myself as a good worker and hit it off with his parents right away. In fact, the first time I walked into Jared’s parent’s house, I looked around and saw all the crafty things his mom did and thought to myself, “This woman is going to like me.” Since it was apple season, Diane (Jared’s mom) did not have much time to put something together for lunch so we all sat down and enjoyed some hot dogs. Diane still brags that was our first meal together and I still came back.

Jared and I continued dating until the next apple season when Jared took me to the top of a hill that over looked the country side and proposed. Of course, I said “yes.” I still had two years left to finish college so we decided to wait until I graduated to tie the knot. We were married on June 25th, 2005, a beautiful summer day and have been happy ever since.

1 comments:

Pam Lefcourt said...

Aaaah, what a nice story! Thanks for sharing it Kim.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...