HOURS

See our NEW Website for more info!

PLEASE HELP RECYCLE!

Drop off your plastic bags and canning jars at the orchard and we'll re-use them!

We're always looking for wagons for people to use when they go to our pumpkin patch - feel free to drop off your old or un-used wagons at the orchard!

We're also happy to take any picnic tables you're getting rid of - even if it's just the 'bones' of the table.

Thanks!

Apple Varieties Available

  • closed for the 2019 season

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Top 10 Fall Farms!

Persimon Dreams

Order your very Own Lapacek's Orchard T-Shirt

Gymboree Sale On Now!
Janie and Jack Sale on Now

Where Can you Find Us?

Please check out our NEW website and blog to stay informed on Lapacek's Orchard.

N1959 Kroncke Road
Poynette, WI 53955

Take Hwy 51 North from Madison, go straight onto Hwy 22, turn east (right) onto Hwy 60 almost immediately. Drive 2 miles and go North (left) onto Kroncke Road. We're just over a mile on the left-hand side.

Want to talk to someone?
(608) 635-4780

Be sure to subscribe to our new You Tube Channel - "Cider After Dark"!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella Stuffed Grilled Mushroom Top

On Sunday, a lovely couple stopped in the store to get some great fresh produce.  The woman was kind enough to share what she was planning on doing with some of her goodies.  Here’s a recipe she shared with me.  I made it last night and I’m almost drooling just thinking about it!  SO GOOD!

P8140129I’m not a food photographer…but this sort of gives you the idea…trust me it’s super delicious! 

Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella Stuffed Grilled Mushroom Top

shared by customer, Deb Jacob

 

Clove of Garlic, minced

3 Diced Tomatoes from Lapacek’s Orchard

3 Oz. Fresh Mozzarella, cubed (I cut up mozzarella ropes for mine..I just couldn’t handle the cheese in that watery stuff…)

tsp. olive oil

fresh basil, chopped from Lapacek’s Orchard

Portobello Mushroom Cap

 

Mix the diced tomatoes, cubed mozzarella, minced garlic, olive oil and fresh basil into a container.  Try to do this a few hours before you plan to eat it so the flavors have some time to blend together.  P8140131

Grill a portabella mushroom cap on the grill similar to how you would cook a burger (I’ll admit – Jared did this, it was perfect but I don’t know the details). 

Once the mushroom is grilled and warm, top it with a few heaping spoonfuls of your tomato mixture.  Enjoy!

This is also fabulous on burgers (per Jared) and I’m thinking I may try putting my left over's on some scrambled eggs for lunch… 

If anyone wants to bring me some mushroom caps I’d be happy to eat them for my dinner again tonight!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...