HOURS

See our NEW Website for more info!

PLEASE HELP RECYCLE!

Drop off your plastic bags and canning jars at the orchard and we'll re-use them!

We're always looking for wagons for people to use when they go to our pumpkin patch - feel free to drop off your old or un-used wagons at the orchard!

We're also happy to take any picnic tables you're getting rid of - even if it's just the 'bones' of the table.

Thanks!

Apple Varieties Available

  • closed for the 2019 season

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Top 10 Fall Farms!

Persimon Dreams

Order your very Own Lapacek's Orchard T-Shirt

Gymboree Sale On Now!
Janie and Jack Sale on Now

Where Can you Find Us?

Please check out our NEW website and blog to stay informed on Lapacek's Orchard.

N1959 Kroncke Road
Poynette, WI 53955

Take Hwy 51 North from Madison, go straight onto Hwy 22, turn east (right) onto Hwy 60 almost immediately. Drive 2 miles and go North (left) onto Kroncke Road. We're just over a mile on the left-hand side.

Want to talk to someone?
(608) 635-4780

Be sure to subscribe to our new You Tube Channel - "Cider After Dark"!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

A New Face at the Handcrafted Hoedown for the Holiday’s – Odd Stuff by Xanthe

I’m going to try my best to post some information about each crafter that will have things at the Hoedown over the next few weeks.  il_430xN_80322576I wanted to start by featuring Xanthe Walker of OddStuffbyXanthe.  I met Xanthe last year at Christmas time at a Team Wist Holiday Craft show and she and the work she does is just amazing!  Things she’ll be bringing to the sale include collages, a few necklaces, holiday ornaments, small notebooks and prints!  Here’s an interview she was gracious enough to fill out for me :il_430xN_93872994  

 

***When did you first start creating things?
We had little money when I was young so I got in the habit of making toys from things I found around the house and yard.

**What were the first things you created? and how did your creativity progress from there?
I would make things to go with my stuffed animals; clothes, small books, dishes, etc... I remember always making things, mostly useful items. Necessity breeds creativity.

**Is this your only business or do you do other things as well?
I seem to always be busy! In addition to selling at art and craft fairs, I sell my artwork in two shops. I am a mother of two, I volunteer at their school, and also at the local library.

**Do you still dream about making other things? If so, what?
I would love to design fabric! For fun, I make small dolls. I've never sold one, they are for online swaps only, but I would love to make small mixed media dolls.

**How did you come up with your shop name if you have one?
Most of the time I just go by my name, Xanthe Walker. It is original enough, but on Etsy I use OddstuffbyXanthe because I just couldn't think of a better way to describe what I make.

il_430xN_15393358**What are your favorite things to look for at craft sales? Why do you like them?
Small plush, knit items, zines, and prints mostly. I dunno, I am just naturally drawn to them.

**Any words of advice to others?
Stick with it and don't be afraid to get your hands dirty!

 

Xanthe Walker has also been published in many magazines if you want to check them out:il_430xN_76384619

"Somerset Studio" May/June 2007
"Somerset Home" 2007*
"Somerset Studio Gallery" Summer 2007 and 2008
"Somerset Holidays and Celebrations" 2008*
And a necklace of mine was in "Esquire" magazine June 2008
"Sew Somerset" Winter 2010 (out in Dec.)*

*Includes "How-to" article written by myself

Hope you stop by to see some more of her amazing items in person at the Hoedown on November 20th and 21st at the orchard!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...