HOURS

See our NEW Website for more info!

PLEASE HELP RECYCLE!

Drop off your plastic bags and canning jars at the orchard and we'll re-use them!

We're always looking for wagons for people to use when they go to our pumpkin patch - feel free to drop off your old or un-used wagons at the orchard!

We're also happy to take any picnic tables you're getting rid of - even if it's just the 'bones' of the table.

Thanks!

Apple Varieties Available

  • closed for the 2019 season

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Top 10 Fall Farms!

Persimon Dreams

Order your very Own Lapacek's Orchard T-Shirt

Gymboree Sale On Now!
Janie and Jack Sale on Now

Where Can you Find Us?

Please check out our NEW website and blog to stay informed on Lapacek's Orchard.

N1959 Kroncke Road
Poynette, WI 53955

Take Hwy 51 North from Madison, go straight onto Hwy 22, turn east (right) onto Hwy 60 almost immediately. Drive 2 miles and go North (left) onto Kroncke Road. We're just over a mile on the left-hand side.

Want to talk to someone?
(608) 635-4780

Be sure to subscribe to our new You Tube Channel - "Cider After Dark"!

Thursday, October 22, 2009

More New Faces at the Hand Crafted Hoe Down for the Holiday’s!

Today, I’m going to give you yet another sneak peak at a few of the artists’ that will have their work at the Hand Crafted Hoe Down for the Holidays coming up in less than 30 days!

I have two more local Poynette Artist’s joining us: Robert and Inge Shaw!

I’ll start by showing you a few things that you can find on RobertShawDesign’s new etsy shop.

il_430xN_93434440

Here’s what he has to say about himself and his work:

The furniture I have built in the past has been to order. The pieces I have put in my etsy shop, are somewhat experimental. Mixing metal and wood, coloring wood and leaving wood not so finished, so you can see what a piece of lumber would look like before it is planed and finished glass smooth. A lot of the process of furniture building I do using hand tools, especially the tops. They are too big to run through the thickness planer, so I take the rough glue ups and plane them down using different hand planes and scrapers in a long multi-step process. Some of the table tops I leave in the stage two of the planing process, leaving diagonal ruts from the Scrub Plane left in. I have always loved that wavy pattern that the Scrub Plane leaves behind. So that's where I stop, the top is then lightly sanded and the finish is applied.

il_430xN_97458821

His wife, Inge is also a very talented artist and will also have some of her work at the hoedown. To see more than what I’m showing you be sure to take a peak at her new etsy shop IngesAccents.

il_430xN_95728646

Here’s what I learned about Inge:

My connection to words, shapes, color and light - that's what began my interest in creating these art pieces. The metal art adds unique dimension to interior spaces. They are strong symbols in my life, each symbol or simple word reminds me of what is important or help me with direction.
Friends and family have also found a sense of inspiration from these simple symbols in their homes.
For people who know me, vocally I am a person who uses few words (not a talker). I make statements short and sweet, and that is what these pieces are about also. There really is a lot of depth in a symbol
.

il_430xN_92750512

Stay tuned for some more ‘sneak peaks’ into the upcoming Hoedown!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...