HOURS

See our NEW Website for more info!

PLEASE HELP RECYCLE!

Drop off your plastic bags and canning jars at the orchard and we'll re-use them!

We're always looking for wagons for people to use when they go to our pumpkin patch - feel free to drop off your old or un-used wagons at the orchard!

We're also happy to take any picnic tables you're getting rid of - even if it's just the 'bones' of the table.

Thanks!

Apple Varieties Available

  • closed for the 2019 season

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Top 10 Fall Farms!

Persimon Dreams

Order your very Own Lapacek's Orchard T-Shirt

Gymboree Sale On Now!
Janie and Jack Sale on Now

Where Can you Find Us?

Please check out our NEW website and blog to stay informed on Lapacek's Orchard.

N1959 Kroncke Road
Poynette, WI 53955

Take Hwy 51 North from Madison, go straight onto Hwy 22, turn east (right) onto Hwy 60 almost immediately. Drive 2 miles and go North (left) onto Kroncke Road. We're just over a mile on the left-hand side.

Want to talk to someone?
(608) 635-4780

Be sure to subscribe to our new You Tube Channel - "Cider After Dark"!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Painting the Chicken Coop

We acquired two chicken coops last year (I believe) and they were ratty and old looking on the outside (the insides are very, very nice).  So I decided that I would paint them.  I have a rather large collection of ‘oops’ paint that I have collected over the years and I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to use them.  We also figured…why not let the girls help?030The ‘before’ picture… boring coop, clean girls…031I started out by poring each girl a paint color in their own container.  Cedi of course got pink and Capri was given a light blue.032   035

 036It didn’t take me too long to realize I might as well just open a bunch of different colors and let them go at it… 037  039Capri soon realized it was fun to paint herself and mommy… 040  042I had a fun time painting with my girls…I hope this is signs of many more fun ‘crafty’ times ahead.  Cedi actually did a really good job.  She would paint a strip…rotating colors every 2-3 inches and then mama would go and ‘blend the drips’.  044 I do have to say Capri was probably a little young for the project but towards the end she was very content just putting paint from one can to the other…as you can see from the pictures of the coop…it didn’t really matter to me either.043 

An after picture…we just sort of put all the colors on and blended as we went :)  Now, we just have to get Grandpa to find us some chickens! 

4 comments:

Attack of the Vintage said...

Oh what fun!! Thanks for sharing your painting experience! Looks great!

Desiree said...

It's GREAT!!!

Christie Cottage said...

I absolutely love it! What a wonderful mother and inspirationalist you are!

I thought "The Hippy Hen House"

Your daughters are beautiful!

Debbie said...

Love it! when you said paintign a chicken coop I was picturing red....love these colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...