HOURS

See our NEW Website for more info!

PLEASE HELP RECYCLE!

Drop off your plastic bags and canning jars at the orchard and we'll re-use them!

We're always looking for wagons for people to use when they go to our pumpkin patch - feel free to drop off your old or un-used wagons at the orchard!

We're also happy to take any picnic tables you're getting rid of - even if it's just the 'bones' of the table.

Thanks!

Apple Varieties Available

  • closed for the 2019 season

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Top 10 Fall Farms!

Persimon Dreams

Order your very Own Lapacek's Orchard T-Shirt

Gymboree Sale On Now!
Janie and Jack Sale on Now

Where Can you Find Us?

Please check out our NEW website and blog to stay informed on Lapacek's Orchard.

N1959 Kroncke Road
Poynette, WI 53955

Take Hwy 51 North from Madison, go straight onto Hwy 22, turn east (right) onto Hwy 60 almost immediately. Drive 2 miles and go North (left) onto Kroncke Road. We're just over a mile on the left-hand side.

Want to talk to someone?
(608) 635-4780

Be sure to subscribe to our new You Tube Channel - "Cider After Dark"!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Love Lock Wall at Lapacek’s Orchard

Pinterest can really be an orchard owner’s best friend sometimes…well…pretty much all the time other than the whole ‘time suck’ aspect of it.  Anyway – I digress.  Awhile back I was just scrolling through pinterest and images of a ‘love lock wall’ caught my eye.

notre-dame-love-locks

{Photo from ‘Being Half the World Away’ blog post ‘not all those who wander are lost’}

After doing just a bit of research I have discovered that these ‘love lock walls’ can be found in romantic locations all over the world.  A couple either etches or writes with permanent marker (I’m thinking paint markers would work) on a lock, goes to the wall, puts their lock on it and throws away the key to signify everlasting love.

Immediately I thought – “If they do it in Paris, why not in Poynette?”

IMG_0099I showed Jared what I was thinking and he liked the idea and installed our very own ‘Love Lock Wall’.  IMG_0102At this moment there are just two ‘love locks’ on the wall – Jared and I and Frank and Diane’s but hopefully you are all as excited about this as I am and by the end of apple season we’ll have quite a collection that can grow each year.  IMG_0104I currently will be offering two different locks at the store.  I have quite a few of the ones seen above.  These will be for sale in the orchard this fall and can be engraved to personalize it for you.IMG_0107

I will also have a few of these padlocks with the longer shanks for sale but only a few.  I would love to strongly encourage you to find a padlock of your own you’d like to use.  I’ll be keeping my out for different styles as well.  I think the more different locks we have on the wall the cooler it would be.  There will be no charge if you bring your own padlock to add to the wall and I would be happy to take your key to use in some art projects I have in mind. 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...