HOURS

See our NEW Website for more info!

PLEASE HELP RECYCLE!

Drop off your plastic bags and canning jars at the orchard and we'll re-use them!

We're always looking for wagons for people to use when they go to our pumpkin patch - feel free to drop off your old or un-used wagons at the orchard!

We're also happy to take any picnic tables you're getting rid of - even if it's just the 'bones' of the table.

Thanks!

Apple Varieties Available

  • closed for the 2019 season

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

Top 10 Fall Farms!

Persimon Dreams

Order your very Own Lapacek's Orchard T-Shirt

Gymboree Sale On Now!
Janie and Jack Sale on Now

Where Can you Find Us?

Please check out our NEW website and blog to stay informed on Lapacek's Orchard.

N1959 Kroncke Road
Poynette, WI 53955

Take Hwy 51 North from Madison, go straight onto Hwy 22, turn east (right) onto Hwy 60 almost immediately. Drive 2 miles and go North (left) onto Kroncke Road. We're just over a mile on the left-hand side.

Want to talk to someone?
(608) 635-4780

Be sure to subscribe to our new You Tube Channel - "Cider After Dark"!

Friday, October 3, 2008

Good Morning...Caramel Apples!

I woke up this morning to the smell of caramel heating. Jared had gotten up earlier to start the caramel apples we needed for the weekend. I went and got Capri, changed her diaper, got her dressed and passed her off to Grandma. Then I headed downstairs to complete my labeling job for the the caramel apples. Around 7:30, Angie Treinen pulled up to the door of our commercial kitchen and I loaded her up with the caramel apples we made last night for her busy weekend. We continued to make our own caramel apples. We finished up just a few minutes ago. After sleeping with the taste of our 'special edition' mixed nut caramel apple on my mind, I decided we needed to do some more of them. I really think people are going to like them.

After a quick shower I plan on heading over to the apple store to help customers and sort apples for the Sun Prairie Farmer's Market tomorrow. My mom has agreed to stay through tomorrow to watch the girls so I don't have to worry about them...I know they are in good hands. Frank should be loading up for the Badgerland produce auction right about now. I'm sure Jared is getting changed into his picking gear. My guess is Diane is trying to get more gourds/squash/veggies picked for your pleasure. Everyone has their niche in our little farming business which makes it fairly easy to work together (there are moments, of course). Word on the street is that my dad may head down today to lend a hand as well...only time will tell. I do have to thank my parents for all the help they give us during the apple season. They have been in the middle of moving from Port Washington, WI to DePere, WI, through basically our entire season and they have still made time to help us out when we need it. I know our lives would be much more difficult during this time if it weren't for their help.

Last night I managed to make a few new earrings. Be sure to keep an eye on the jewelry section of the store. It is always changing as I make new things to add to the collection.

Hope to see you this weekend!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...